- Score each chicken piece with 3 deep slashes and place in a large flat dish.
- Rub the chicken with garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and zest. Pour the ClemenGold® juice over it and marinate in the fridge for at least 2-4 hours.
- Mix the yoghurt with the tandoori spice blend and pour over the chicken. Making sure it goes inside the incisions. Marinate for 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC and lightly grease a sheet pan with oil. On the stove top, place a griddle pan on high heat until very hot.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces in the hot pan for 2-3 minutes on each side until it has charred griddle lines.
- Transfer to the sheet pan with the garlic bulbs and add some of the leftover marinade on top of the chicken,roast for 25 minutes until cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat a clean griddle pan until hot. Toss the green beans and sugars snaps in oil and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for a minute on each side until it has charged lines. Set aside.
- Grill the ClemenGold® halves with the flesh side down for 3 minutes, pressing them down as they cook. Place aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked. Arrange the grilled greens and charred ClemenGold® around the chicken on the sheet pan.
- Roast for 5 more minutes and serve immediately.
- This is a recipe that’s best started a day ahead,so you have enough time to infuse as much flavour as you can to the chicken.
- I used the darker meat of the chicken instead of white part (chicken fillet or breast) as the darker meat especially on the bone has far more flavour and tends to be juicier.
- For even better results braai the chicken instead of pan grilling it for an intense smokey flavour synonymous with tandoori and then finish it off in the oven to make sure it’s cooked through.
Siba Mtongana: International multi-award winning culinary extraordinaire, food expert, author, entrepreneur, mom and wife, popularly known as the host and food editor of the Food Network global hit show, Siba’s Table.
Whenever I eat out at an Indian restaurant, tandoori is sure to be part of my meal. I love its bold flavour and smokey flavour. Each time I have it, I always think that some gentle citrus hit would go well with it and as it turns out I’m absolutely right. The addition of ClemenGold® in the marinade and squeezing over the charred ones over the chicken to a whole new level. Not only does this look beautiful but it’s so tasty that it’s fast becoming a winter stable at home.