Siba Mtongana: International multi-award winning culinary extraordinaire, food expert, author, entrepreneur, mom and wife, popularly known as the host and food editor of the Food Network global hit show, Siba’s Table.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking (heating) time: 2 minutes
- 375 ml (11⁄2 c) boiling water
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) loose rooibos tea leaves or 2 rooibos teabags
- 2 ClemenGolds, rinsed and thinly slicedIngredients
- 10 g fresh ginger, peeled, bashed and thinly sliced 375 ml (1 1/2 c) boiling water
- 1⁄2 lime, quartered lengthways
- 15 ml loose rooibos tea leaves or 2 rooibos teabags
- A handful of mint leaves, rinsed well
- 125 ml (1/2 c) freshly squeezed ClemenGold, warmed
- 10 ml (2 tsp) honey, optional
- In two cups, place the ClemenGold slices, with ginger, limes and mint leaves.
- Bring the water to the boil and steep the tea until desired strength.
- Pour the tea and allow to step further to allow the flavours of the fruits to infuse well for a few seconds and then serve immediately.
- Just refill the hot tea in the same cup with its content.
- You could make one big jug with all the tea contents and let it steep for 1 hour for stronger flavour and just warm up the tea before serving.