POMEGRANATE & CLEMENGOLD SALAD
- 1 pack of mixed greens / baby spinach
- 3 to 4 ClemenGold fruit, peeled, segmented and tossed with a little olive oil
- 2 avocados, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced vertically
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted in a pan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried mustard
- a pinch of cayenne
- In a small jar combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, koshersalt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, mustard and cayenne. Whisk or shake to combine.
- In a large bowl toss the salad greens and onion with 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
- Plate up the salad and top with ClemenGold segments, pomegranate arils, almonds and nestle the avocados along the side before drizzling with a little more of the dressing. Season with a little bit of salt to cut the sweetness before serving.
Recipe adapted from Simply Scratch: Mandarin Orange Salad Poppy Seed Vinaigrette