- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the gelatine and the cold water and mix to combine. Add the hot water and mix to dissolve the gelatine. Add the sugar, egg white, vanilla and salt and mix with the whisk attachment for 20 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the ClemenGold® zest and mix to incorporate.
- Pour the mixture into rectangular containers that have been sprayed well with non-stick spray and refrigerate until set. Tip: a loose bottomed brownie pan with a cutter works well. The volume of the mixture is quite large so have a few ready to go. Ensure that you pour your mixture to the height you want your marshmallows to be.
- When the marshmallow is set, cut into even squares. Lift the marshmallows out of the tray and use a fine sieve to lightly dust with a mix of icing sugar and corn flour to prevent them sticking together. Tip: Cut the marshmallows into squares or rectangles that are just a little smaller than your cookies. Keep in an airtight container.
Whole Wheat Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer add the butter, sugar, syrup, cinnamon, and salt and mix until light and fluffy.
- Combine the flours together in a bowl then add the baking powder and mix to combine. Slowly add the flour to the mixer while mixing and give the flour time to absorb into the butter, scraping down the sides in between. Once all the flour is incorporated you can stop mixing. The dough will be very crumbly at this stage.
Tip the dough out onto your work surface and knead to combine it into a ball. Place it between 2 large pieces of baking paper and roll out into a sheet that is roughly 3-4 mm thick and even.
- Slice the cookies into even squares or rectangles, then using the tip of a knife, carefully lift them off the baking paper onto a baking paper lined baking tray. Snap the sharp point off a toothpick and use it to poke round holes in the crackers.
Place the baking tray into the fridge for 20-30 minutes to firm up the dough.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until they just begin to brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the tray until you can move them safely onto a rack to cool.
Break the chocolate into pieces and place into a glass or microwave-proof bowl. Melt the chocolate slowly using the defrost function. Once melted, incorporate the ClemenGold® zest and mix to combine.
To assemble. Invert your first cookie and add a marshmallow in the centre. Drizzle with melted chocolate and then brulee the marshmallows until caramelised and melty. Top with a second cookie and tuck in. Guaranteed to squelch everywhere but in the most delicious way!