Gin and Tonic
- Place the cucumber and ClemenGold® mandarins in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a muslin cloth. Combine the strained juice with the lime juice, gin, and jalapeno. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- To serve, fill each glass with some ice, add ClemenGold® mandarin slices and lime slices. Top each portion with the gin mixture and fill it up with tonic water. Serve it with the crackers on the side.
Tip 1: For a non-alcoholic version of the gin and tonic, replace the gin with non-alcoholic gin or non-alcoholic white wine or simply leave it out for a refreshing drink.
Tip 2: 1 ClemenGold® mandarin typically yields 3 Tbsp (45 ml) of juice when juiced.
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C. Combine the milk, stock, juice, and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring it up to a simmer, whisk in the polenta and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the cheese and ClemenGold® zest. Season to taste.
- Roll the polenta mixture out between 2 non-stick baking mats or baking paper to a thickness of 0,5 cm. Remove the top layer of baking paper/baking mat and cut the dough into bite-size squares (approx. 3cm x 3cm) without loosening them from each other. Leave the squares on the baking paper/ baking mat, place on a baking tray, prick each cracker with a skewer in the center and bake, 10 minutes.
- The outside squares will brown first, remove them and place on a cooling rack. Rotate the tray and place the remaining crackers back in the oven for a further 3-5 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Loosen the crackers from each other by slicing into the dough where the original cuts were made before baking. Remove any crackers that are done before the time is up and leave the rest to brown until golden.