ClemenGold Salad Dressing
Makes 250 ml
The combination of sweet citrus with rosemary and mustard makes for a versatile dressing – not only for your favourite green salad, but it’s also perfect to marinate chicken in, dress fish fillets with or to drizzle over veggies.
- 100 ml olive or avocado oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) apple cider vinegar
- 2,5 ml (½ tsp) freshly grated ClemenGold rind
- 75 ml (5 tbsp) freshly squeezed ClemenGold juice
- 10 ml (2 tsp) wholegrain mustard
- 5 ml (1 tsp) honey
- 1 ClemenGold, peeled and segmented
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the oil and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Add ClemenGold rind and juice with mustard and honey and whisk together until well blended.
- Cut the ClemenGold segments into smaller pieces and stir with rosemary into the oil mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the dressing on your favourite combination of salad leaves and fresh herbs for a delicious, yet simple salad. The dressing keeps well in the fridge for up to a week. If made in advance, only add the segment pieces just before serving.
More ways to use this dressing:
- The flavours of this dressing combine well with roasted beetroot and creamy feta or goats’ cheese, served on rocket as a salad or starter. Add drained chickpeas as a light lunch.
- For an alternative salad idea, drizzle the dressing over cucumber ribbons, thinly sliced baby cabbage and more ClemenGold segments.
- Use the dressing as a marinade for chicken, fish fillets or even pork and lamb.
- The ClemenGold dressing is also perfect to add when roasting butternut or sweet potato.
- Use the dressing as a cook-in-sauce. Place chicken portions with onion and butternut or brinjal in an oven dish. Add more ClemenGold segments if preferred. Pour the dressing over and roast at 180 °C until cooked. Serve on herby couscous.