Makes 12 muffins
Created by Hein Stirred
500 ml (2 cups) self-raising flour
180 ml (¾ cup) light brown sugar
1.25 ml (¼ tsp.) salt
250 ml (1 cup) buttermilk
1 large egg
60 ml (¼ cup) vegetable oil
2.5 ml (½ tsp.) vanilla extract
zest of 2 ClemenGold, finely grated
24 ClemenGold segments
80 g white chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cases.
- Place a ClemenGold segment at the bottom of each paper case.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
- Whisk the buttermilk, egg, oil, vanilla extract and zest; add to the flour mixture and stir with a metal spoon until just combined.
- Fill the paper cases with the batter – an ice cream scoop works really well.
- Top each muffin with a ClemenGold segment.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 190˚C for 25 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centres comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool and drizzle with the melted white chocolate before serving.