Created by Heleen Meyer
juice of 1 ClemenGold
5 ml (1 tsp.) honey
60 ml (¼ cup) olive or avocado oil
30 ml (2 tbsp.) apple cider vinegar
30 ml (2 tbsp.) dill, chopped
salt and pepper
½ cucumber, sliced
2 celery stalks, cut diagonally into thin slices
1 small white cabbage, halved and cut into thin wedges
4 ClemenGold, peeled and cut into 3 thick slices
1 avocado, halved and sliced
a handful of fresh dill for serving
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the ClemenGold juice, honey, oil, vinegar and dill for the dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently stir the cucumber, celery and cabbage into the dressing and let it stand for 30 minutes for the flavours to develop.
- Cut each ClemenGold slice in half with a serrated knife.
- Arrange the marinated vegetables on a large platter. Place the ClemenGold slices, avocado and herbs between the vegetables and serve immediately.
- This salad is delicious with pork or chicken.
- Sesame seeds will add a wonderful crunch to the salad.
- Citrus blossom honey is ideal for the dressing.