Created by Lisa Clark
4 chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks
1 red onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 red chilli, chopped
2.5 ml (½ tsp.) cumin seeds
10 ml (2 tsp.) ground cumin
10 ml (2 tsp.) ground coriander
10 ml (2 tsp.) paprika
750 ml ClemenGold juice
1 tin chickpeas
60 g green olives
salt and pepper
- Brown the chicken in a large tagine or saucepan.
- Once golden, remove and set aside.
- In the same tagine/saucepan, fry the onions until translucent, then add the garlic, chilli and cumin seeds and fry for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the ground cumin, ground coriander and paprika before returning the chicken to the tagine/saucepan.
- Add the ClemenGold juice and, if necessary, extra stock or water to cover the chicken completely.
- Cover with lid and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- After simmering for about 1 hour, remove the lid and allow the sauce to reduce.
- Add the chickpeas and olives and season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat through before serving.