Created by Hein Stirred
rind of 2 ClemenGold
150 g dark chocolate (70%)
250 ml (1 cup) ClemenGold juice
2 egg yolks
120 g castor sugar
a pinch of salt
500 ml (2 cups) whipping cream
ClemenGold segments to serve
- Line a 2-litre loaf pan with clingfilm, with enough of the wrap hanging over the edges to fold over.
- Use a sharp knife to remove the pith from the rind of the ClemenGold.
- Slice the rind into small strips and sprinkle an even layer onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Break the chocolate into a metal bowl over a large saucepan of boiling water (the bowl should not touch the water) and stir until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the rind to cover and place into the refrigerator to set.
- Place the eggs, yolks, sugar and salt in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Use a hand-held electric mixer to beat for about 5 minutes until thick and pale.
- Remove from the heat to cool slightly.
- Whisk the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the cream and ClemenGold juice into the egg mixture until combined.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Break the chocolate covered rind into chunks, sprinkle over the semifreddo and let it sink into the mixture.
- Smooth the top and loosely cover with clingfilm.
- Freeze overnight or at least 8 hours until frozen through.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and let it stand for 5 minutes to soften slightly.
- Turn the loaf pan over on a serving dish to unmould the semifreddo.
- Remove the clingfilm and serve with fresh ClemenGold segments